Mahfuza's Blog

On this blog I will include reading response, short writing, and projects.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

"Stargirl"

  Have you ever read a book called “Stargirl”? The author of the book is Jerry Spinelli. This is a more interesting book than the other book that I read before. Stargirl acts a little awkward. She’s somewhat different than everyone else. Besides that there are also some other characters involved with her. In this reading  response I will tell you about some unthinkable part that happened with Stargirl. I hope you will appreciate it.


Stargirl was a student at Mica High school. The setting of the story takes  place in the Arizona Desert with sand. The first day of tenth grade might be quite tough for her since she is new in the school. She is really different from everybody. That’s what Leo and Kevin recognize about her. They both are in eleventh grade. She wear ruffles around her and  cuffs it look like it could have been her grandmother’s wedding gown. She is not ugly  or gorgeous with her sand hair color. In the middle of the lunch  room she start singing and strumming , twirling all the time. That’s make her little different and witty from everyone else.

    
When I started reading the book I thought she might know magic but I was wrong she was just normal like other girl. I could pictured her with her grandmothers wedding gown. She might look like a bride with her dressing. At first I was asking myself wasn’t she felt sorrowful when people snickered at her in a negative way? I predicted that later on, she will have friends and people will be friendly with her. It came true at the end of two weeks she end up with having friend.

One thing that Stargirl like to do is she sings happy birthday to everybody the day of their birthday. She also love cheer-leading. As the day passed, she became a popular person in school. Also the captain of cheerleader was surprised in her performance. Cheer leading made her popular. Whenever she learn the cheers, everybody looks at her by stood in the parking lot. She Practiced the cheers until the day she perform. 

Stargirl was a lovely girl. She had friend such Archie, Kevin, Leo. Kevin wanted to put Stargirl in a hot seat. Kevin is a genius camera man. So he did put her in a hot seat which means Stargirl will seat in a chair and everybody can interview her. Archie lived in a house of bones. He was a paleontologist. He collected bones from American West, from museum. Leo he is a eleventh grader who loves porcupine necktie.

With her friend Stargirl had so much fun and beautiful day. She passed through many things that  she did not even dreamed about. That’s what I realize from the book. I hope I gave you enough information to know about Stargirl. The thing that I responded are some part of the story. In addition to that I really enjoyed the book. It such  a wonderful book. So thanks to Jerry Spinelli for writing such a beautiful book.                                                                                   
                

No comments:

Post a Comment